[URGENT] HELP US SAVE LIVES BY DONATING FOOD AND WATER TO THE PHILIPPINES
After hearing the devastating news from friends and seeing the extensive damage Typhoon Haiyan has done to the Philippines, we can no longer sit back and spectate.
The Joota Team will be collecting lifesaving supplies to send over to our disaster-stricken neighbours in the Philippines and our HQ will serve as a collection point. We appeal to fellow Jooters and Malaysians to get involved and donate in-kind.
To everyone who wants to get involved in donating and packing relief goods, please note the following:
- DO NOT PACK NOODLES, RICE OR ANYTHING THAT NEEDS WATER. There is no water and electricity so it is impossible to cook this kind of food. Stick to bread, canned goods that are ready-to-eat and can be opened without the need for a can opener.
- PACK MEDICINE - most especially basic medicine (biogesic, bioflu, robitussin, etc). Also if possible, include medicine for surface wounds as many have been wounded because of the debris and fallen rooftops.
- PACK AT LEAST ONE BOTTLE OF WATER. People are raging for water (some have even become violent just for water). There is no source of water at all in any part of Tacloban.
- PACK CANDLES AND MATCHES - there will be no electricity for a minimum of two months so all people will need these.
- ENCOURAGE YOUR RESPECTIVE GROUP/ORGANIZATION TO DONATE BODY BAGS. Bodies are lying around the roads within the city and some of the places have already been filled up with bodies.
We welcome you to drop by from 10AM to 5PM and the cutoff for collection is 5PM, Tuesday, 19th November 2013. Please drop-off all items at:
Joota (ask for APBC at the lobby)
Level 30, The Gardens North Tower,
Mid Valley City, 59200,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Give us a call at +603 2035 9700 for further enquiries and assistance.
Please join us and spread the word. We know it won’t save all those affected, but we strongly believe that a little goes a long way. It will take months before the victims of Typhoon Haiyan can recover. Whatever you can contribute will truly be appreciated.
To Jooters in the Philippines and to those who have family and friends affected by this tragedy, you are in our hearts and minds.
The Joota Team
P.S. In the coming days, Joota will be regularly pooling together up-to-date news about Typhoon Haiyan from various sources. Follow our deck to get updates - http://www.joota.com/jootaverse/decks/6745